Our ‘All-You-Really-Need-To-Know’ startup workshop wins award!27.09.2013
UnLtd, in partnership with Santander, have awarded Trading Times a ‘Spark’ grant award to extend our ‘All-You-Really-Need-To-Know’ Business Startup Workshop to entrepreneurs who want to act for positive social change in their local areas. The Spark Award recognises the skills and experience the Trading Times team has gained from establishing our social venture, and creates a mechanism for sharing this knowledge and accelerating very early stage social enterprises.
“The most effective way to help the movement (social enterprise) reach scale is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge from those who have been there and done it. The rise of peer to peer support for social entrepreneurs is an incredibly exciting area and one which we are proud to support through our work with UnLtd.”
Sharon Squire, Head of CSR at Santander
“Inspired social entrepreneurs are uniquely placed to reach out to, motivate and inspire their peers into action. We’re starting a new national movement of people who can pass on their own skills and experience gained from establishing a social venture.”
The next Trading Times ‘All-You-Really-Need-To-Know’ Business Startup Workshop is 10.00–13.00 on Tuesday 8th October at Chipping Barnet Library.
Booking is online via Eventbrite: https://tradingtimesstartup.eventbrite.co.uk.
Free for all UnLtd alumni. Please contact email@example.com for your discount code.
The ‘All-You-Really-Need-To-Know’ Agenda:
- New product or service design: Exploring the invention/ innovation approach to designing new services – from concept design & testing to build & launch.
- Business canvas modelling: How to shape your business plan before you write it, using this global startup phenomenon.
- Building your own social media plan – effectively: (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite, newsletters, blogging, Google Adwords/ Analytics/ Alerts…).
- Top tips for bootstrapping your startup: free stuff that you need to know about; books you must read; things you shouldn’t ever be paying for.
- How to appear successful before you are.
There are a handful of places left for the 8th October workshop. Crazy value for only £10 (needed to cover venue hire and refreshments)!